Tuesday, December 13, 2011

MMMinty Patties

Possibly one of my favorite candies ever is York peppermint patties. That's why, when I saw this recipe idea on pinterest, I knew I had to try them out. The original recipe can be found here. 


This recipe was surprising easy and amazingly delicious. Basically you mix all of the ingredients together (except for the chocolate), make patties, and dip them in chocolate. I only made one change on this recipe. It asked for peppermint oil, and because I didn't have that, I used twice as much peppermint extract. This made it very minty, so if you don't want them to be as minty, I would add a bit less (somewhere between 1/4-1/2 tsp). 

The hardest part about this recipe was dipping them in chocolate. I always have a hard time getting a perfectly smooth chocolate cover. I would recommend keeping the patties in the freezer and only taking out a few at a time to dip in chocolate, as they were much easier to dip when they were frozen. I would definitely recommend this recipe if you like mint and chocolate!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment